John’s birth both fulfilled and inspired prophecy.
When Gabriel appeared to Zechariah and announced he’d have a son, the confirmation of its prophecy was Zechariah would be mute áhri is iméras géniti távta/“until the day this one is born.”
Problem is, if you’re a biblical
But let’s not poke that bear any further. On to the bible!
Luke 1.57-61 KWL
- 57 Time came for Elizabeth to give birth, and she had a son.
- 58 Her neighbors and relatives heard God had shown her great mercy, and rejoiced with her.
- 59 On the eighth day it happened that
the familycame to circumcise the baby.
- They were calling him by Zechariah, his father’s name.
- 60 In reply his mother said, “No; he’ll be called John.”
- 61 They told her, “None of your relatives are called by that name.”